Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunday lunch

VOEP swung by the office for a quick lunch today. Lunch menu was MacDonald's but she had the nuggets while I just took some fries and lemonade. Actually, I didn't tell her that I just had brunch 1/2 hour before she SMSed me :) .... Maybe she wouldn't come by if I did... ha. And as usual, we chatted but just for an hour or so before she left to give tuition (plus 800k points for being kind hearted). Again, exchanging views about life, friends, and topic of the day, different expectations for friends and loved ones. Definitely fun!

I did SMS her later and told her we are probably (and insanely?) spending a lot of quality time together. You know, chatting, emails, and lunches. Haha, I wonder for this week, did I clock the highest number of hours talking to her? I counted the SMSes and it was not low either.... I hope she has enough quota to cover those....

On a serious note, I did ask her later on why would she liked our conversations more than the then-potential suitor? I mean, from the way I looked at it, the topics of discussions cannot be much different between the various guys. My guess was we tend to share similar sentiments and thus our conversations would be relatively more enjoyable? She does kind of agree with that observation.... Tell me why am I not surprised anymore? Haha....

What is surprising is that our friendship grew so deep so quickly. Again, how and why this turned out this way is still very puzzling to me (and perhaps her). I mean, yes, I really do like her but a friendship or bond needs two mutual parties in order to develop but I dare say we have developed a very deep respect for each other only over the past month or so. This is so good (or perfect?), dare I say, a bond that both parties don't know whether it is for real or just some short term euphoria. I was asking her whether she was afraid it may turn out to be temporary, like and oasis.....

Frankly, I also don't know how this will turn out in the long run as I told her. Just too sinfully pleasant as I described it. Well, only time will tell.....

Anyway, later on she SMSed me saying that her student repeated the positives that I had told her before. I was like "Duh", what's so surprising about that? Haha...

No comments: