Saturday, May 5, 2007

Janice 衛蘭


This is my girlfriend......NOT! Haha. Her name is Janice 衛蘭, a singer in HongKong.

Some of my friends know that I usually log onto the Internet to listen to this particular Hong Kong radio station (I gotta remember to write something about that great programme too). Anyway, it was there that I first heard of the song "离家出走" and at that time I didn't know who the singer was but I liked the song a lot. Female vocals in Cantonese are always very soothing but her voice was exceptionally sweet. Coupled with this slow paced sad song, it made for very nice late night listening. Apparently it was a pretty popular title and thus through repeated broadcast I managed to find out her name i.e. 衛蘭

I went to Sembawang or Popular CD-Rama but neither place stock up on her album (sidenote: nowadays it is getting difficult to find good Cantonese albums in Singapore). Anyway, I managed to get my brother to buy the albums direct from HongKong. Have been listening to the albums day and night (yes, even when I am in the office) over the past two weeks and must say the hype is justified. Her voice is not the strongest but definitely very sweet and good range.

But you know what the bonus is? She is actually quite chio..... Haha.... I am not the superficial type, I fell in love with the voice first, the chio part is just bonus...

Highly recommended, the albums, I mean.

No comments: