Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Seraya Primary School

It's been a while since I wrote something about my past rather than whine about the lack of a future.

I had written a couple of blogs about my primary school before. Wonder what else should I write about as there are essentially thousands of things that I can write about.

Brass band..... Ah, maybe I should talk a little about this little ECA that I had back then. When people think of brass bands we think of tens upon tens of people in synchronised motion and playing instruments of some kind. Well, I can remember that when I joined the brass band, it had dwindled in numbers to only a handful. I remember there was the drum major (my favorite Pek Chi Han!), one fat malay guy, one stylo malay who styles his hair like John Travolta of Saturday Night Fever, me who plays the trumpet, and maybe a few more? Really, there were so few of us that it was impossible to do any fancy formations, maybe just a line march and a few turns here and there.

My coordination skills wasn't really that fantastic then and I was having problems doing any sort of concurrent trumpet and march routine. I guessed the kind-hearted principal gave up on us once he saw how incompetent we were (hahaha... a joke; he was really a good person). Oh, the brass band teacher was this part timer skinny elderly guy that taught us to play our chosen instrument. And there was this sexy Eurasian teacher that also helped out in the band (more of her maybe next time but boy if I knew what sex was back then I would probably be caught red handed doing some stupid things....).

I am not sure why I was tasked to play the trumpet but I wasn't real good at it. The joke back then was blowing the trumpet would make your testicles bloat..... In Hokkien it was termed as "Tua Lam Par".....

No comments: