Monday, April 30, 2007

Let it rain.....

It rained during the early hours of Monday morning when I was asleep. Makes for great sleeping.

It also rained the day before and boy was it heavy, so much so that it woke me up. Great thing about my current place of stay is that it offers an unblocked view stretching down the street, with flats and houses lined up to the side. I actually got up after that and stared far ahead for at least 10 minutes, just looking at the rain and wind fall on an empty street (hey, it was after all 3am..).

I love to watch rain fall. Don't know why but I have loved it since I was a kid. Not that it represents any special moment in life but I just find it soothing and relaxing to just stare out a window and watch the rain fall.....

Many years later, there were two other different type of gazing that I learned to love but unfortunately cannot do in Singapore, namely star gazing and watching snow fall. Star gazing in Singapore is impossible since there is too much city light but experience it once and you will probably be hooked for life. I never knew stars can actually be so bright....

However, if I have to make a choice among the three, I would say watching snow fall wins hands down.... Imagine deep into the night and you stare out the window watching snow fall silently onto the streets. Just cannot describe the feeling, so tranquil. I'm very sure if you do it with a love one, it will be doubly enjoyable...... Silently watching it while in embrace....

Well, I'm on leave for most of this week so better enjoy it while I can.

No comments: