Monday, April 2, 2007

Seraya Primary School

My primary and early secondary school days probably represent the happiest days of my life. During those days, school was confined to the designated period and seldom, if ever, were we required to attend remedial lessons. Very carefree. I especially loved to attend the morning sessions because I have the whole afternoon to play (with some homework in between, of course).

Probably examination period is the only stress period in any school year. Other than that, what a wonderful life!

Strangely, I have always remembered Primary four as the happiest year in primary school. Not sure why but it seemed like everything fell in place for me during that year. Oh, I used to have this Korean chick in my classroom way back before Koreans became cool. Again, I loved that gal because she was also very kind hearted. Pek ChiHan..... I can still remember her name.

She was new and only started to attend school in Singapore that year and I still remember her goody-two shoe type of dressing. Plain blouse and floral skirt. Being Korean, she was rather big sized and couldn't speak much English and definitely no Chinese. I actually make fun of her behind her back... so bad of me! Amazingly, she managed to pick up both languages within a short period of time and was actually one of the best students in class. In a way, I was really fortunate to have known a person like her. If I kept in contact with her, I would have wooed her since she was such a good girl. She was two years older than me, though.

No comments: