Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rest in peace, mom

My mom passed away this evening.....

To be honest, her passing on is within my expectation. After seeing her health deteriorating in recent months and then more so in recent weeks, I knew that her time in this world was drawing to an end. I had hoped that she can make it past another Chinese New Year but I guess it was not meant to be.

I have never claimed to be very close to my parents and with that I never knew a lot of things about them either. I know that I was never a good son to my mom because I never really spent a lot of quality time with her.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Just as I told Shawn, don't blame yourself for things are no longer within your reach to change. Living a better life in the future is what your mum wants of you. I'm sure she's happy to know you're a better person today than you were yesterday. Living in blame for something you had done before is of no good to you because you can no longer change that fact.

I know you've accepted the death. I know it's been difficult accepting it...and I can imagine the pain you're going through. But remember that she's in a better place without pain now. I'll always be praying for her and for all of you.