Friday, March 9, 2007

Who am I?

I'm a Singaporean... . Just hit my big 40 not too long ago; almost as old as Singapore itself. Interestingly, I think I grew up in an era that is unique and definitely cannot be repeated and experienced by Singaporeans of today. Singapore had just gained independence before I was born and was still trying to transform itself into the modern city that it is today. As such, I actually witnessed the transformation of the island by going from kampung life to the urban lifestyle of today. In a way, I missed the life of old. Maybe it's because of my childhood or maybe life was simpler back then, I really felt happy......

Fast forward to 40 years later and I feel lost...... Material wise, life does look to be better but deep down I feel I'm missing a soul..... Don't know how to put it but it is just how I feel.

I don't think I will write about my life events chronologically but maybe just talk about interesting things that left marks in my book of memories..... Again, it may not be too interesting to many people but I make no apologies for that :)

No comments: