Saturday, March 31, 2007

Mom, please get well....

I moved to a new place to stay today. Beginning tonight, I'll be staying with my mom and sister at Haig Road. That was planned since I have no place of my own anymore. Sigh, deserved casualty of my marriage....

However, really didn't expect to be greeted by a nasty surprise upon my arrival. I rang the doorbell but my sick and weak mom didn't answer the door. Even after calling the house phone, she failed to pick up the phone. By then I was kind of worried and rushed back to my car to get the door key. Never did I expect my mom to be sitting on the bathroom floor. I was so taken aback by this illogical scene that it took me a while to realise my mom had actually fell and have been sitting there for over an hour!.... I was totally hysterical and kept reprimanding her for not having the cordless phone with her even though that should be the farthest thing from my mind. Really, I almost cried there and that. It really hurts me to sec her in this state. So fragile and weak unlike my mom from decades ago.

Thankfully, she wasn't really hurt. Just too weak to pick herself up from the floor. I think I've moved into this household at the right time. My mom needs me.....

No comments: