Sunday, August 5, 2007

Random thoughts.....

There is actually no theme for tonight's entry. Just random thoughts that I thought to myself during shower.

People who have been visiting my blog will definitely notice a slowdown in the number of blogs in my site. I guess recent events have made it more difficult or unnecessary to update my blog that often anymore. The original objective of this blog, if anyone can recall, was to archive my past memories, starting from my childhood. To be honest, I never made it past any particular period of my childhood years before Princess came into my life. From then onwards, it was all about Princess and basically nothing else except for the episode about my mom.

Mom's passing was unfortunate to say the least but I am still of the opinion that it was probably best for her given the pains and sufferings that she was going through towards the end. At times, I still think of things that she had done for me in the past and how I did not display my appreciation for a lot of them. Princess had told me that I should look forward and not repeat the same mistakes in life so that I won't have to go through them again. Maybe I should and hopefully I would.

Princess, to me, is a blessing. After a few months of courtship, I must admit again that she has been the one that I have showered the most love upon. Never in my entire life have I been that giving in a relationship and I don't see any signs of letting up on my love. That is a wonderful feeling to say the least. To be able to love someone as much as I am doing now means that I have finally found someone that I love enough to just pour my heart and soul for. I have read enough to know that some people are fully committed to their girlfriends up to the point BEFORE they have sex. Once that apex is reached, their "love" starts to wane and some will just dump their partners and move on to the next "love". Generalisation as what my Princess would always say? Maybe but it has happened enough in my readings to know there is some truth in it. Well, for Princess this is a resounding "NO". Yes, we have been intimate beyond the norm and I can proudly say that I still love her just as much and I want to love her even more.

Princess has not been the easiest person to understand. Through these last few months, it is because of her personality that I have learned a lot about relationships from her. To me, she is an embodiment of strong headedness and emotional frailness. At times, she is strongly principled on topics that she believes in and thus can be very vocal at certain times. Vocal enough to make me feel hurt/terrorised/intimidated by her directness on occasions. Yet, she can be emotionally fragile which makes me want to protect her with all my life. I must say I have never come across a woman like her before but she just has that charm that I love and probably that is why I hardly ever get mad with her. Sometimes it just takes one thing to counter another and I think she is my counter-balance so as to speak. Surely, she has become my One, no doubt.

One thing that I must admit she has taught me well is to always think partner before self. Don't know how else to put it. Sometimes she gets upset with me for things that I would think is OK but if I think like a woman, then I probably can understand what she means. Well, no one has said that a loving relationship comes easily and without any effort so I must say I have been learning and paying my "school fees".

With her work-related travels imminent in the next few weeks, I wonder to myself if I will cope well to her absence. While she keeps saying that she is very dependent on me nowadays, I did tell her the reverse is also true. Can I really cope without her beside me for so many weeks? Gosh.... I really wonder.....

No comments: