Sunday, February 1, 2009

Down to zero.....

Already into Feb '09 and the 9-day holiday period just disappeared into thin air and into history. Can't say I accomplished a lot during this break but at least it was leisurely to say the least. Did a little stuff here and there and reminiscent a little. So what are the little things that I should record here?

Flipped through my book "High Score" again and read through the years of video gaming history and with that my childhood past again. Basically can't shake off the memories from that period of my life and every time I read it I will think of how much things have changed for me. Mixed feelings, I should say and lots of lost opportunities. Well, it is something that I would always look back with the same feelings and thoughts.

Did watch several nice anime movies, though so that was a plus. "Ip Man" was fun to watch. Looking at the main character, Donnie Yen, I still remember his very 1st movie from 20 years ago! Different era altogether.... Memories... There I go again, looking back and never forward. Bad. Wonder if there are others who behave as strangely as me. Well......

Sent my watch for repair but ended up not spending the money. Well, the watch still tells time just that the perpetual calendar is not working so just save the money for now. Maybe buy a new cheap watch if and when money starts to flow freely for me again. Just heartpain to think how much I lost in forex. Disappearing money... (Shake head)... (Look at sky).... (Sigh)....

Lazy.... Didn't make full use of the opportunity to read more books but that happens a lot nowadays. That is a bad habit that I will regret soon enough, I think.

Still had to attend to gatherings at my Dear's side of the family. Won't say it kills me but it is something that is additional activity for me. She even got upset with me when I said I am bored with sitting around doing nothing. Obligatory or not, it is true I would just be sitting and doing nothing much. I wonder if she had at least guessed why I bought the DVD to watch. Her relatives and all would be comfortable sitting in the midst of crowd and still happily mingling but I really don't like crowds. Not my most favorite of holiday rituals but then again probably have to accept the fact that it comes with the relationship, I guess.

Many other thoughts on my mind..... Work, Marriage, Housing, Ring, Money.... but forget it, won't dwell into those, just stressing myself.

Lastly, praying for a happier 2009 for me, my dear, and family members.

No comments: