Saturday, July 26, 2008

Desperately seeking a house

Sitting here at home on a Saturday evening doing my own stuff. No Princess with me. No pet dog with me. No work allowed in my mind. Just plain old me in front of a notebook. The dusty stereo is on after a long time left unused. Relaxing? Yup, it does feel good. Just I, me, and myself..... Yeah but maybe just once in a while?

The economy is allegedly still very strong in the tiny island of Singapore. So strong that property prices are crazy.... just plain crazy. I can't buy a place that I like without saddling myself with a sizable housing loan. Yes, affordability is relative but in my opinion, the prices are so ridiculous that I would ask myself who the hell has so much money to finance a home purchase? Apparently more that I can count because everyone else is paying the crazy prices and driving everything up and up. I shall not bore anyone with figures but let's just say it will mean I must continue working without fail for the next 10 to 15 years just to buy a little box in the sky.

Despite all my valiant efforts to remain positive, I am not optimistic that I will be able to find myself a dream in the East side of the island where I have grow up in. Kind of sad if you ask me. Damn.....

Trying desperately to get a place so that I can move on to the next chapter with Princess. This I owe her, really.

No comments: