Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Birthday

To my dearest of dear, Happy Birthday!

I am not sure if you really mean it when you said you do not expect anything or is aware that I didn't prepare anything special for your birthday. Truth is I did not. I had thought about that for many days and in the end I decided not to be anything super special other than writing this to tell you that I love you and wish you a Happy Birthday. I am not sure if you will be unhappy or disappointed but I really don't know how else or what I should do to celebrate your birthday. In my heart, I am truly happy that you are celebrating your birthday and I just wish that you will be happy and healthy for many years more to come.

At the back of my mind, I keep replaying your recollection on what I wrote in the past, that "one will naturally do romantic things for the person he or she loves.". In fact, you mentioned that so many times that I don't know whether you are hinting to me that it is a must to do so for your birthday. I have never forgotten that but I am really worried that you are really expecting something super romantic like sending you bouquets of roses, surprising you with a present, or popping up at your doorsteps at the stroke of midnight. I can probably do that for this year, next year, or the year after that but I know I am too practical to be able to sustain such actions. Sorry to disappoint you but that is really not me and I don't want to lie to you. I will buy you gifts and stuff, hold your hand, peck your lips and wish you "Happy Birthday" which I think is a demonstration of my commitment to you but probably this level of "romanticism" is nothing to you.

Dear, I can assure you that I mean every word when I say "I Love You" and "Happy Birthday" and I hope my sincerity is the best present or romantic thing you will receive this birthday and subsequent ones.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Wishing you Good Health. You are my baby that I will always protect..... Kisses and Hugs....

No comments: