Monday, September 29, 2008

Down with the fu....

The last week was kind of eventful for me, health-wise. I was playing basketball (for the 1st time) with my colleagues when I severely sprained my ankle. It was a blur how that happened; just remembered I was up against a colleague when he spun away from me and I followed. Unfortunately, my track shoe was firmly planted on the cement ground while my ankle twisted with a crack sound. Well, the sprained flared up quickly and by late evening I had developed a swelling that was worrying. I went to my friend's clinic the same evening and was advised to get a X-ray on it the next day.

The X-ray was done and was just a severe sprain. Too bad it happened on Thursday evening else I would have been given at least 3 days of medical leave. All the pain for nothing... Damn.

Anyway, I kind of developed a flu over the weekend and felt weak today so I visited the company doctor who in turned issued me a day's medical leave. Well, as I said, a rather eventful week which caused me a lot of physical pain and discomfort. Hopefully, things will look up (and way up) for the rest of the year.

No comments: